Sunday, November 6, 2011

So i pack my bags and go so far away



Sooo I´ve been spending some time up north (in Kittilä, here http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kittil%C3%A4) with my family. This is the place where I was born and where my parents and my grandparents still live. I also met my friend Sanna, she´s a massage therapist and she gave me a wonderful massage to my achy shoulders and upper back....I really need some serious yoga and massage also to get my body more flexible!!Thank you Sanna for the massage!!!What a beautiful home and lovely dog she has and it was so nice to meet again after a long time and talk about life, love, men, work, hopes, dreams....and love and men and men and love :) If you are staying at Kittilä or skiing center Levi and you need a good massage, send Sanna a message via hullufinn@hotmail.com

My friend Sanna with her dog Susi (it means wolf in finnish)
Tomorrow morning I go back to Rovaniemi for one night, gonna stay at my brother´s and on tuesday I´ll fly to Helsinki to pick up my visa and indian rupees I ordered to Forex money exchange....I still have some rupees left from my trip last winter, I brought them to Finland and I committed a crime by doing that...it´s unlecal to bring rupees out of India. What a bad ass I am.
And wednesday, finally, OMG, I will fly to New Delhi.
Things I have bought/made a reservation so far (besides tickets which I bought months ago):
-visa to India, 50 eur+12 eur for re-entry permission (once you leave the country, you can´t enter again at least for 2 months. I want to use my flight to Finland from Delhi of course, in March, so I aplied for re-entry permission)
- flight from Rovaniemi to Helsinki by Norwegian.com, around 52eur. Cheap. Train is about 80e or so and you have to travel all night.
-Lonely Planet India guide, 25e. I also have Thailand guide, I got it from my brother. I can´t do without those, they are heavy to carry in my backpack but really worth all the trouble.
-room for 4 nights from New Delhi, I´m staying here http://www.hotelnewking.com and made booking here www.hostels.com  I used hostels.com also last year and everything worked out just great. I got booking confirmation immediatly from my hostel and their driver is gonna pick me up from airport also. AND they can arrange me ticket to Dharamsala...and indian sim card to my phone (if you are staying in India few weeks or more, it´s wice to get an indian sim card, really really cheap). I know I´m propably paying extra for the ticket, well of course I am, why else would they arrange it to me...and I know I could propably get it little bit cheaper by booking it by myself but in city like Delhi, just finding an office where to buy it...well, let´s just say I´d rather pay little extra if the hostel can do it for me :)
Oh and hostel costs around 6 eur/night...airport transfer 500 rupees (8 eur). Not bad.
Thank you mi mamita for helping me with the bookings!!

Delhi, nice and quiet :D

It´s almost 1 am and I should be in bed by now but I can´t ´cause my backpack is not totally ready yet. I hate packing. When I have to figure out what to take with me for next five months, for two totally different climates (Himalayas and beaches), I hate it even more. This is driving me crazy every time and also I´m doing the final packing night before leaving being stressed as hell. I just admire people who can make this all easy and perfectly in time. If there actually are any people like that.
Oh well, in the end, it´s all gonna be a-okay.
Lapland is completely out of snow, it´s weird, there should be snow and below-zero degrees by now and we have none. But I kind of like this long autumn, there´s something so beautiful and melancholic in this time of the year;it´s a death of summer, beginning of winter and yet slightly promise of a spring. It just few long dark months away.

More tea, more books.



Ok now I HAVE to get my packing done and try to get some sleep!!!!More stories later...
-S-



(Delhi pic from http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2008/01/11/w16_delhi_s_motorists_wideweb__470x284,0.jpg)





1 comment:

  1. Suvi, I`m crying here right now.. It was sooooo beautiful what you wrote about me and my doggie Susi... Totally awesome!! You are a wonderful and a good person who deserves to have a trip of a life... I`ll read your blog!! And I`m happy to hear that you liked my massage, it was a gift for a girl who has the courage to see the world!!!! Be safe, enjoy every moment!! hugs Sanna & Susi the doggie

    ReplyDelete